June view 2009

June view 2009
View of rose and herb garden, June 2009

Small Garden Story

Over some 15 + years, I have been photographing the evolution of my small (85 x 15 foot) garden and it seems a waste not to put these records into some sort of context. Beginning here in April 2010 this Blog is intended to both act as a diary and to share past and present successes (and some failures), pleasures and disappointments with fellow garden-lovers. In due course, I intend to fill in some of the background and early days but that will have to wait until the winter months!

Sunday 20 June 2010

Return from the country of big skies

We came back from our week in France yesterday.   Saw 2 wonderful gardens, both very different and basked in the space and peace of the Normandy countryside.   Rabbits (many! and of all sizes - very endearing), red squirrels, a family of rooks, nesting thrushes, fly-catchers (a first for me) and many more birds just in the cottage garden.  So we really relaxed and made the most of it.   Info. to follow.  
I was a bit nervous about the state of my garden when I returned but this is how it looked from the kitchen.   Needless to say I have spent the entire day on it today - including picking the first of MANY redcurrants.

No comments:

Post a Comment