June view 2009

June view 2009
View of rose and herb garden, June 2009

Small Garden Story

Over some 15 + years, I have been photographing the evolution of my small (85 x 15 foot) garden and it seems a waste not to put these records into some sort of context. Beginning here in April 2010 this Blog is intended to both act as a diary and to share past and present successes (and some failures), pleasures and disappointments with fellow garden-lovers. In due course, I intend to fill in some of the background and early days but that will have to wait until the winter months!

Wednesday 30 June 2010

Early morning light

With this amazing hot weather the early mornings have definitely been the best part of the days and I have been cherishing my trips to the end of the garden to pick raspberries, strawberries and redcurrants for my breakfast. 

Throughout the week the garden has been full of scent and buzzing with bees - there must have been literally hundreds on my R.Kiftsgate.   While the alliums are going over and the first flush of roses, the lilium regale are stretching their wonderful trumpets towards the sun and I have been carefully wrapping hop tendrils around them to keep them in some sort of order.

My dahlia plants are coming along in leaps and bounds - those planted and brought on in the greenhouse doing markedly better than the one I planted directly into the ground which has suffered badly from slug attacks.

Attached are a couple of first light images - dew on a crocosmia leaf and early sun on Clematis Etoile Violet, alliums and geraniums.

No comments:

Post a Comment