June view 2009

June view 2009
View of rose and herb garden, June 2009

Small Garden Story

Over some 15 + years, I have been photographing the evolution of my small (85 x 15 foot) garden and it seems a waste not to put these records into some sort of context. Beginning here in April 2010 this Blog is intended to both act as a diary and to share past and present successes (and some failures), pleasures and disappointments with fellow garden-lovers. In due course, I intend to fill in some of the background and early days but that will have to wait until the winter months!

Tuesday 1 June 2010

Dirty window

No, the Bank Holiday sun didn't last.   But it was plenty fine enough for an early-morning dash to the garden centre pre-crush and a very long afternoon planting out dahlias.   Some are still very small plants in the greenhouse and a few haven't sprouted at all, but I have plenty - well, I should have plenty!

When I came in for a mid-afternoon cuppa something was amiss in the dining room.   Things knocked off the window ledge and dirty dollops sprayed about on window, floor and chair suggested I had had a bird visitor trying to make its way out through the plate glass window.   But no harm was done and a thorough search revealed nothing so I guess all is well.   Shall have to remember to shut the French doors next time.

My neighbours have cut back the ivy and honeysuckle on our adjoining fence to reveal 2 empty birds nests.   My Mum's neighbour was more unfortunate and upset a nest of robin fledglings with her pruning.   An object-lesson to hang on that bit longer before too much tidying-up....

No comments:

Post a Comment