June view 2009

June view 2009
View of rose and herb garden, June 2009

Small Garden Story

Over some 15 + years, I have been photographing the evolution of my small (85 x 15 foot) garden and it seems a waste not to put these records into some sort of context. Beginning here in April 2010 this Blog is intended to both act as a diary and to share past and present successes (and some failures), pleasures and disappointments with fellow garden-lovers. In due course, I intend to fill in some of the background and early days but that will have to wait until the winter months!

Wednesday 13 June 2018

Alliums

The biggest, boldest and last of my alliums to flower - A. Christophii also happily self-seeds in my garden. Here a little group are partly supported by the flourishing stems of herbaceous clematis Wyevale which is trying to take over a whole area of the "herb garden" and seems to have choked my little rosa Warm Welcome to death! The flower pot is a an earwig trap left over from last year. I must refill it with straw soon before they start appearing in numbers. I've already seen off a few!

No comments:

Post a Comment