June view 2009

June view 2009
View of rose and herb garden, June 2009

Small Garden Story

Over some 15 + years, I have been photographing the evolution of my small (85 x 15 foot) garden and it seems a waste not to put these records into some sort of context. Beginning here in April 2010 this Blog is intended to both act as a diary and to share past and present successes (and some failures), pleasures and disappointments with fellow garden-lovers. In due course, I intend to fill in some of the background and early days but that will have to wait until the winter months!

Tuesday 18 June 2013

Aquilegia from Sicard, France

When I stayed at Martine and Wout's lovely gite in France I fell in love with their very particular aquilegias - a distinctive purple/blue and white form.   They liked the idea of my random collection so we swapped seeds.   This year I finally have two plants which are flowering.   I am going to leave them to seed freely and hope for the best....

No comments:

Post a Comment