June view 2009

June view 2009
View of rose and herb garden, June 2009

Small Garden Story

Over some 15 + years, I have been photographing the evolution of my small (85 x 15 foot) garden and it seems a waste not to put these records into some sort of context. Beginning here in April 2010 this Blog is intended to both act as a diary and to share past and present successes (and some failures), pleasures and disappointments with fellow garden-lovers. In due course, I intend to fill in some of the background and early days but that will have to wait until the winter months!

Saturday 25 September 2010

Changing light

Another surprisingly sunny Saturday morning - a completely clear blue sky when I went out around 8.00.   But the light has definitely changed to the sharper, lower, more contrasty quality of autumn.   The amelanchier and potted hydrangea leaves are definitely beginning to turn.   Some very heavy rain showers have battered the taller annuals and I'm very glad I picked that bunch of dahlias mid-week.   Still no frosts though.

No comments:

Post a Comment