June view 2009

June view 2009
View of rose and herb garden, June 2009

Small Garden Story

Over some 15 + years, I have been photographing the evolution of my small (85 x 15 foot) garden and it seems a waste not to put these records into some sort of context. Beginning here in April 2010 this Blog is intended to both act as a diary and to share past and present successes (and some failures), pleasures and disappointments with fellow garden-lovers. In due course, I intend to fill in some of the background and early days but that will have to wait until the winter months!

Wednesday 2 November 2011

Another star plant - Coronilla valentina citrina

I popped in to my Mum's at the weekend and saw a coronilla valentina citrina I had brought back for her from a photography shoot - for a "green" car braking system !! - had burst into flower.   I am generally very unenthusiastic about yellow flowers but this is such a delicate pale lemon yellow and such a remarkably fragile-looking plant to flower at this time of year - and most of the winter if it behaves like last year - that if I had the space I would get one myself!   It even smells divine.

Oh for some more space....

Wootten's have these on special offer at the mo. along with some gorgeous irises I also don't have space for.   Boo hoo!!  

See  www.woottensplants.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment